Spicy Soy Ramen: Braised pork, chili oil, soy milk, soft boiled egg, wakame, green onions, kata’s garden Thai basil
* 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 1 large egg
* 1 large egg white
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cheesecake batter, place cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar and peppermint extract; beat well. Add 1 egg and 1 egg white; beat well. Add 1 tablespoon flour; beat mixture just until blended.
3. To prepare brownie batter, weigh or lightly spoon 4.5 ounces (about 1 cup) flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 4.5 ounces flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, 2 egg whites, and 1 egg in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended. Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup of brownie batter. Pour remaining batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Carefully pour cheesecake batter over top; spread evenly to edges. Dot cheesecake batter with reserved brownie batter. Swirl top two layers of batters together using the tip of a knife. Bake at 350° for 26 minutes or until top is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
1 pound spaghetti
pasta water (do not drain the pasta)
3 packages of cherry tomatoes (approximately 25-30 tomatoes)
1/3 cup italian bread crumbs
4-5 garlic cloves, 1/2 minced, 1/2 sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like a little kick)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp butter (optional)
4 tbsp olive oil
basil leaves (1/2 a bunch)
parmigiano reggiano cheese
salt & pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Half the cherry tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Place on a large baking sheet (either spray with cooking spray or use parchment paper) in a single layer and bake for 60 minutes.
In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil and butter over low heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add 6-8 large, whole basil leaves. Turn off heat.
When tomatoes are 3/4 done, remove about 15 tomato halves from the oven and add them to the wine mixture. Smash them gently with the back of the spoon. Turn the heat back on and cook the tomatoes in the wine mixture for a few minutes. When the rest of the tomatoes are done add them to the skillet.
When the spaghetti is almost fully cooked (still al dente) add to the skillet. I use thongs for this. It is perfectly fine to bring along whatever pasta water is on the noodles. Also add 3 ladles of the pasta water to the pasta and wine mixture. Stir to combine over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add a few fistfuls of cheese to the pasta as well as a ton of torn basil leaves.